Inspired Momx1

Thursday, January 2, 2014

First Day Of School 2014

This year marks the first year of morning school for the boy after 4 years in the primary school.  We had a good start in the morning.  I got up at 5.58am just before my alarm set off.  The boy bounced up of bed on my first wake up call to him.  After his bath, he came down and walloped 4 slices of French toast I made for brekkie coupled with a cup of Milo.  We even had time for a 10 mins' chat before heading to school.  

Traffic at the school was heavy but bearable.  I dropped him off at the school gate and headed back home to do my gardening.  After breakfast, I washed a load of laundry, swept and mopped the floor and still have time to catch up reading my novel and Fb updates before hanging out the laundry and then it's time to prepare lunch.

I cooked spaghetti with carbonara sauce for lunch and also made the boy's favourite mashed potatoes. Headed out to fetch the boy at 12.10pm and traffic at the school was horrendous!  The school kids came out from all directions and I had no idea which gate he was coming out from.  The weather was scorching hot and without an umbrella with me, I felt  I was melting away under the hot sun! Spotted the boy finally after 20 minutes.  The traffic then was worse, almost to a standstill! Bumped into a friend while walking to our car parked 500 metres away.  Her car was still crawling with her two kids in the afternoon session in the car and it was 25 mins past the supposedly afternoon school starting time! Crazy! 

We got home finally and the boy had two bowls of mashed potatoes, one big plate of carbonara spaghetti and one mango for lunch.  How not to become chubby eating like that huh but I like his healthy appetite and enjoy seeing him eat!  Ahahaha...  

After lunch, we took a break before he started on his homework.  He told me he has very mean teachers this year, especially the Maths teacher! She set out rules of do's and dont's and stressed that whoever against the rules "就死定"!(will sure die)!
After finishing the line, he turned to me with a wicked look on his face and asked, mom, do you think it's good or bad news knowing very well what my reply would have been.  The mom said, GOOD NEWS, of course!  I like the teacher already! He gave me a killer stare followed by a long sigh..  Hahaaha... I have one subject down and can put more focus on other subjects. I know him too well, he works best under pressure. His performance is tip top when he gets good (mean) teachers.  Wuahahaha.... Bad mommy here. :D End of report.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yannie said...

High 5 to you, i prefer mean teacher too. April and May are in morning session too this year. April is in Elite class this year, she is chosen to be a monitor. After turning her down for the past 3 years, I have to let her try this time.

Ian is really growing up real fast, hahahah!

January 4, 2014 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger Inspiredmomx1 said...

Yan: Glad to hear that April is a class monitor now. Good exposure for her. Ian, being in top class simply means top loads of homework! He has started Chinese tuition too, the level at std 5 now is just beyond this mama, Haha...

January 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM

January 7, 2014 at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home